1. Go to the Quiz Star website using the link below and click on the student site (Yellow Arrow) and register a student user name.
2. At the Quiz Star site click on the "Search" tab and type in "Fort Irwin Food Handlers Class Exam" in the Class #1 Title Space, then click on the EXACT WORDS match tab.
3. Use the mouse to place a check mark in the appropriate square then click on the "Register" tab.
4. Send us an email using the link below. Include your full name (to be used on your certificate) and your Username that you created for the class upon log on.
5. Once you are confirmed via return mail, you will have ONE TRY to pass with a 70 percent or better score. Click and study Food Handlers Class pdf above to prepare.
6. Upon completeing the exam you will be mailed the results, then a certificate upon successful completion within 48-72 hours
IF YOU SHOULD HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PERTAINING TO THE FHC EXAM, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT THE WACH PREVENTIVE MEDICINE OFFICE AT: email@example.com .
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IN REGARDS TO WORKING ON FORT IRWIN:
REF: The TB MED 530/NAVMED P-5010-1/AFMAN 48-147_IP, Tri-Service Food Code, specifies requirements for vendor application to operate a food establishment, employee training, and safe food handling practices.
• You must submit an application to operate to the Preventive Medicine office at least 30 days prior to the scheduled event or opening of the operation.
• You must pass a pre-operational inspection conducted by Preventive Medicine prior to serving customers. (For Special Events and AAFES contracts Only) .
• Any food operation person in charge must possess a valid Food Protection Manager certification. (When using Potentially Hazardous Food (PHF).
• When using Potentially Hazardous Food, person in charge must remain on site at all times when the food operation is open for business. (Must have a valid Food Protection Manager certification).
• Food service workers must be trained to perform prescribed duties in a safe manner and in accordance with prescribed sanitation and food safety requirements.