U.S. Army Medical Department
Weed Army Community Hospital
Patient Feedback (ICE)
Phone Numbers
Appointment Line
(866)957-9224 (WACH)

Directory Assistance

Nurse Advice Line
(800)TRICARE(874-2273) Option 1

Pharmacy Refill

Patient Advocacy
(866) 957-9224 Option 4

Frequently Asked Questions
Physical Address:
WACH Patient Advocate
Weed Army Community Hospital
2nd Floor
390 North Loop Road
Fort Irwin, CA 92310
Business Hours:
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Closed on Federal Holidays and
Selected Training Holidays
Contact Information:
Front Desk: (760) 383-5099
The office of the Patient Advocate is located in the Weed Army Community Hospital(bldg 390) on the 2nd Floor.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
How do I know what I'm covered for under Tricare?
Tricare covers services that are medically necessary and considered proven. However, there are special rules or limits on certain types of care, while other types of care aren't covered at all. To determine the extent of your coverage go to http://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices.aspx

How can I locate and/or get copies of my medical records on Fort Irwin?
There are several ways to receive medical records:

The requester should visit the Weed Army Community Hospital Mary Walker Clinic front desk and put in a request to the records section. Records for shots, vaccinations, last set of laboratory results, etc, can generally be procured on the spot. "Full copy" records requests take approximately 30 days.

PLEASE NOTE: Spouses may NOT pick up records regarding their spouse, or ask questions about such records without a special medical power of attorney from JAG.

How do I obtain copies of my medical records if I am not on Fort Irwin?
Patients in need of records for off post treatment can fax the WACH Records Section the DD form 2870 and Patient Contact Info Form posted at the links below. Once signed and submitted these forms are legal documents and the WACH may fax them back to the patients off post care giver. The Fax number for submissions is 760 -383 - xxxx.

> DD Form 2870

> Patient Contact Information Form

How can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
Birth certificates are not part of the medical record. If you were born in the United States, your state of birth maintains these records. Check the Web site of that state or the state government pages of a local phone book for information on vital statistics. For people born within Arizona please visit the ADHS website.

If you were born overseas in a military facility to at least one parent with U.S. citizenship, the U.S. Department of State should have a record of your birth. Visit the State Department website for full information on how to make your request, what information to include and payment of associated fees.

What is HIPAA?
HIPPA is the acronym for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.

The TRICARE Management Activity (TMA) Privacy and Civil Liberties Office (Privacy Office) manages a comprehensive privacy and security program that ensures compliance with the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules codified at 45 C.F.R. Parts 160 and 164. The HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules are implemented within the Military Health System (MHS) by DoD 6025.18-R, "Department of Defense Health Information Privacy Regulation," January 24, 2003 and DoD 8580.02-R, "Department of Defense Health Information Security Regulation," July 12, 2007. As set forth by DoD 6025.18-R, the Privacy Office supports the protection of beneficiary health information and HIPAA Privacy Rule compliance by all MHS business processes, procedures, and systems that solicit, collect, maintain, access, use, disclose, and dispose of protected health information (PHI).

Concurrently, through its HIPAA security program, as set forth by DoD 8580.02-R, the Privacy Office supports the protection of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of electronic PHI against any reasonably anticipated threats or hazards, including implementation of reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards by MHS covered entities under HIPAA.

Please note that the Privacy Office does not provide information on the Transactions, Code Sets and Identifiers requirements of HIPAA’s Administrative Simplification provisions. For these types of inquiries, please contact their website at www.tricare.mil/tma/hipaa.